This service offers family-centred intervention to families of infants and young children from birth to school entry. Services are offered to infants and children with a developmental delay or who are at risk of having a developmental delay. Parent(s) or guardian(s) must live in the Region of Peel and agree to participate in the service. Services include in-home or office visits, consultation, assessment and screening, service coordination, intervention, group or individual sessions, counselling and community education. Student placements in specific fields of study are offered.
Who We Serve
- Children who have a delay in development
- Children who are at risk for delayed development due to premature birth, complications at birth, or a diagnosed medical condition
- Children who are born with a condition that is known to cause delays in development such as Down syndrome
- Children with prenatal substance exposure
- Children who have a sibling with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In-home and office visit hours may vary and can include occasional Saturdays and evenings
Phone: 905-564-7485 or 1-877-266-4566 (toll free)
Fax: (905) 564-7058
With parental consent parents and professionals can refer a child who resides in Peel Region.
Resources for Patients
For more information about our program, please visit our website: www.icdspeel.ca
For more information on the government’s reform to the Ontario Autism Program, please visit: